By Mbuthia Bashir
Prince Henry Charles of Wales familiarly known as Prince Harry is set to tie the knot with former American actress Megan Markle on Saturday May 19, 2018.
Meghan is, perhaps, most commonly known for playing Rachel Zane in the hit American drama series Suits.
Royal weddings are not your everyday event and, as such, the affair will receive a lot of international attention. It is for this reason that Nairobi hotels are now offering viewings of the glam wedding, some at such ridiculous rates as Ksh. 1 million.
Below are a few tidbits of what is slated to be the event of the year in numbers:
- 1 – The couple has picked one wedding cake that will be covered in butter cream and decorated with fresh flowers.
- 12 – The ceremony will start as the clock strikes noon. Crowds will be allowed to parade the streets surrounding the chapel.
- 19– The Royal wedding is set to take place on nineteenth May at Saint Georges chapel at Windsor Castle. This is a long standing tradition since royal weddings have been held at the same venue since 1863.
- 600 – Kensington palace says about 600 formal invites were sent out for the wedding. These are the lucky few who will get to see Harry and Megan exchanging vows first hand.
- 680 – The wedding is estimated to generate a whooping six hundred and eighty million dollars for the UK’s economy. Much of this will come from souvenirs, treats, royal wedding merchandise and hotel bookings.
- 2640 – Over two thousand six hundred and forty members of the British public have been invited to the grounds of Windsor castle following the wedding. Out of these, 1200 are part of the British public who have been picked across all walks of life by the Lord lieutenants; the official representatives of the queen. 200 others will be charity representatives and 100 school children from Windsor. 610 Windsor community members and 530 royal staffers are also scheduled to attend the wedding.
- 36000 – Thirty six thousand dollars worth of sausage rolls will be served at the event. Someone clearly loves sausage.
Source: eDaily Entertainment