Continue praying for me: Okoth Obado


OKOTH OBADO PHOTO/COURTESY

Migori Governor Okoth Obado says he has “absolutely nothing” to do with the killing of Rongo University student, Sharon Otieno.

Speaking during a press conference in Nairobi Wednesday, the county chief said he was being “punished” by his competitors in the political field.

“I want to call upon our politicians and the media to avoid medieval punishments and proclamations so that our agencies that are mandated with investigations are given time to do their job,” said Governor Obado.

“I also want to thank the people of Migori and well-wishers, who have been with me in prayers. I urge them to continue praying for me in this endeavor,” he added.

“I have nothing, and absolutely nothing to do with the cruel death of Sharon.

“I want to urge all our government agencies, mandated with investigations, to speed up their work so that the real killers [of Sharon Otieno] can be brought to book as fast as possible,” said the governor.

Mr Obado addressed journalists in the presence of his wife and children.

This comes as investigations into the killing of Ms Otieno, 26, continue to gain impetus.

On Tuesday, September 11, Mr Obado was probed by homicide detectives for more than eight hours in Kisumu.

The governor’s personal assistant, Michael Oyamo, was on Wednesday, September 12 charged with murder at the Milimani Lawcourts.

Ms Otieno’s body was found dumped at Kodera Forest in Oyugis Homa Bay County last Wednesday. She had been abducted two days earlier.

The post Continue praying for me: Okoth Obado appeared first on eDaily Kenya.

Source: eDaily Entertainment