Pimples are a normal skin condition that affect many people. They occur when your skin’s excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells are overactive and pores become inflamed.
Pimples, also called acne, most often occur on the face, something that is not welcomed. Sometimes you call off dates because you feel the acne might embarrass you. Acne can leave red or dark marks on your skin if left untreated. Pimples are pretty easy to treat probably using stuff you store in your kitchen.
Here are some simple things you can use to treat pimples fast.
Lemon juice helps pimples dry up faster. Its acidic nature takes care of the bacteria clogging the pores. Lemon is also rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant, which reduces blemishes and keeps your pores clear.
- Dip a clean cotton swab in fresh lemon juice and apply it to the pimples.
- Leave this on overnight.
Garlic is known for helping to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol. However, the chemical compound found in raw garlic help reduce the redness and size of the pimples. Garlic is an antifungal, antiseptic and antioxidant agent that can help in the fast treatment of acne.
- Cut a fresh garlic clove into two pieces to extract garlic juice.
- Rub the garlic on the pimples and leave it for five minutes.
- If you have a larger acne, rub the garlic on it and leave it on overnight.
- Repeat the treatment several times a day.
Tomato natural acids dry out a pimple and kill bacteria. Tomato masks combat acne, heal acne scars and rashes.
- Cut a piece of tomato and rub the pulp side on the skin.
- Let the tomato juice dry then rinse it off.
Ice is the quickest remedy for reducing the redness, swelling and inflammation of pimples. It improves blood circulation to the affected area, tightening the pores and removing dirt and oil accumulated on the skin.
- Hold the ice cubes or crushed ice on the affected skin area for a few seconds.
- Wait a few minutes and repeat the process.
Not only does it clean your teeth but also treat pimples quickly. The white toothpaste is most effective when used following the ice remedy. It is recommended to avoid using gel toothpaste.
- Apply some white toothpaste over the affected skin area before going to bed.
- Wash your face with water in the morning.
- For a daytime remedy, repeat the process and leave the toothpaste for at least an hour before washing it off.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has antibacterial compounds that treat the acne by reducing the swelling, aid the skin healing and prevent scars. It also helps reduce the redness and inflammation of acne.
- Apply a drop of the extract on the acne and around it.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes then rinse your face.
- Repeat twice a day.
Source: eDaily Entertainment